Thursday, July 1, 2010

BREAKING NEWS!!! G UNIT SIGNED TO CAPITOL


G-Unit leader 50 Cent has reportedly signed a deal with Capitol Records, however, terms of the contract have not been disclosed.
According to Capitol/EMI Vice President of Urban Promotions Craig Davis, 50 has joined the team of rap stars on the label.
"Now I'm over at Capitol Records and got a great roster over at Capitol," Davis said in an interview. "[We] got Snoop Dogg over there, got Anita Baker over there, Al Green over there, got LeToya Luckett over there, got Bobby Valentino over there. A really, really great roster there, Raekwon [too.] We just signed a 50 Cent deal over there....50 thought he needed to get out of the Interscope machine, he wanted to do a new change so he got his release from there, we were in negotiations with him and the deal just got signed very recently. And now we got 50 Cent on the label, I think we'll probably have Lloyd Banks cut in his first cut and then 50's gonna come out later on." (Pyramid TV)
Lloyd Banks recently said fans could expect to hear news about a new G-Unit record deal.
"We gonna let the ["Beamer"] remix bubble through Memorial Day weekend," Banks said in an interview. "They can also expect a new record from Tony Yayo as well. We gotta make this a G-Unit summer..We're very close [to a label deal]. So close I want to tell you something now, but I don't want to ruffle no feathers...I don't want to get anybody nervous. It's gonna complement what we been doing, the hard work we been doing. It's gonna give us the international platform." (MTV)
Banks also revealed his record deal demands in an interview last month.
"They still got time," Banks told radio personality Funkmaster Flex referencing Interscope Records. "They gotta drop the bag. I'm not staying no where longer than I got to. When I signed my first deal, I had a sweet deal. Millionaire dollar advances and things like that. You're not taking none of my publishing, none of my merchandise, none of my touring, you can't get that. And I'm not making no commitment for a bunch of albums." (Hot 97)
Tony Yayo recently spoke on being released from Interscope Records last year.
"When we got dropped from Interscope it was like, 'Aww, man,'" he said in an interview. "It was like you know a crushing thing. You know, when you used to being on top and now you feel like, for me, you're feeling like you on the bottom...When I got dropped, I'm not gonna front. I was a little down about it. It's not like it was because of the money, because Interscope, they advanced me for my second album. So I got money that I didn't even deserve...but it's just the whole thing of being dropped and everybody looking at you." (XXL Mag)
Check out Craig Davis speaking on 50 Cent's Capitol deal below:

No comments:

Post a Comment