Monday, May 17, 2010

Daily Hip Hop Drop!/ rap cartoon of the day/ New boondocks episode/ New Lil Wayne Mixtape


NOBODY'S HIP HOP DROP!!!!
Rap Cartoon of the Day

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
More details surrounding Drake's upcoming Thank Me Later album have been revealed including the roles Timbaland and Jay-Z have on his debut.

The rapper is reportedly not concerned with moving big units on his debut.
1. Timbaland produced a track called "Thank Me Now." 2. Indie pop band Francis and the Lights, who opened for Drake on tour, is featured on one song. "I wanted to take what I love about [their] music and bring it into my world," says Drake. 3. "Karaoke" deals with the pitfalls of achieving fame at an early age. He recalls how he felt at 15 when his girlfriend told him she couldn't love a star. "It killed me," he explains. "I can't wait till she hears it. She'll know it's her." 4. Jay-Z schools his younger peer on "Light Up." 5. Drake made this album for music lovers, not for the Billboard charts. "I didn't make this album for commercial purposes. A lot of the verses are extremely long. I just made it to share with people. I hope they can enjoy." (Rap-Up)
Drake recently revealed Alicia Keys would be featured on the project.
Drake confirmed Alicia Keys will appear as a guest on his forthcoming debut album during the Los Angeles stop of his Away From Home tour on Thursday night. The Toronto MC broke the news to the crowd as the opening notes of "Fireworks," slated to be Thank Me Later's opening track, began to boom from the speakers. "This right here is the first song that you will here when you put that disk in," Drake said of Thank Me Later, due June 15. "It's a song with myself and Miss Alicia Keys, it's called "Fireworks." "Money just changed everything, I wonder how life without it would go," he rapped. "From the concrete, who knew that a flower would grow/ Looking down from the top and it's crowded below/ My 15 minutes started an hour ago." (MTV)
Producer Drumma Boy talked about working with Drizzy earlier this month.
"In 2008, somebody called me and said, 'I got an artist I want you to work with.' I forget who it even was. But they passed my number along and Drake reached out to me and asked me to come to Hot Beats [Recording Studios] in Atlanta. This was when he was first working on his rapping and singing stuff. The first studio session we recorded "Money To Blow." [Editor's Note: That track was later used to create Birdman's 2009 single of the same name.] Anyway, I always see him out at certain events, so he reached out [a couple months ago] like, 'Yo man, send me some beats. I'm about to close this album.' So I did and he just sent me a text out of the blue the other day like, 'We got another one!' I responded like, 'Yo, email it to me, let me hear it,' but I got no response. So I guess we'll have to take his word for it. [Laughs]" (VIBE)
Rap veteran Nas recently spoke on Drake's decision to delay his highly-anticipated debut through June.
"I think a lot of things that's messed up is if you come out with a record, brand new, and it blows up too big, that could be the worst thing that ever happens to you," Nas explained in an interview. "I think there's a lot of new cats coming out that's not just blowing up but they're taking their time. Like, we're waiting on the Drake first album, Drake's album still hasn't dropped. It should be dropping any day now but that's a great thing that it probably didn't come out last year. He waited, he got into a zone, I think that was smart. So it's a lot going on that I'm happy about." ("The Los Angeles Leakers")
Drake's Thank Me Later is scheduled to drop Tuesday, June 15th.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Young Money's Thoughts on Lil Wayne
Young Money's Lil Twist has shared his thoughts on Lil Wayne's current incarceration on a gun conviction and explained how he is managing to carry on for the jailed rapper.

For Twist, he has learned to cherish the opportunities presented to him.
"We'll be fine because [Wayne] has such a big name and now we have three of the hottest stars in the world, including Drake and Nicki, so we can't lose. We're gonna continue to run this game. This whole experience has taught me to stay humble and not to get in trouble. I don't even think my bro did anything wrong. With him being who he is and doing what he does, he needs protection, but there's different rules in every spot so we're gonna just make it through. I can't wait until we can put this behind us. I'm looking forward to working with him again. I'm looking forward to fun and games. I'm looking forward to talking to him about everything like I used to. I just want him to be proud when he sees me. I love my bro." (VIBE)
Drake also recently vouched for Wayne's innocence.
"One of my biggest influences ended up being a close friend of mine, Jay-Z and Lil Wayne who is actually responsible for my career has always been a huge influence to me and one of my heroes," Drake said in an interview. "I've talked to Wayne since he's been in jail. In my opinion, he didn't do anything wrong. I think that was the opportunity to make an example of somebody who didn't deserve to be made an example out of." (CNN)
Nicki Minaj feels Wayne has helped motivate her music career.
"We remember last year being at MTV Spring Break, and Wayne was obviously the headliner," she recalled in an interview. "He's so much more than a headliner, he's a person that I look at, and I can't believe this guy is still going, after 20 to 30 minutes in the hot sun. To not have him here, it's like a life lesson for all of us -- always work as if we have no one else to depend on -- and that's what he teaches us. He did, like, 1,000 videos before he went in, knowing that he had to go to jail. A lot of us wouldn't do that. A lot of us would be curled up on a ball like, 'Oh my God, my life is about to be over.' So shout-out to Lil Wayne. We're honored that he chose each and every one of us, handpicked us. And we love him." (MTV)
In Wayne's absence, Young Money has inked Lil Twist to an official label deal.
Drake and Nicki Minaj aren't the only ones in Young Money creating industry buzz. Now teen rapper Lil Twist, who has long been associated with Young Money has officially signed his deal with rapper Lil Wayne's label Young Money Entertainment. Lil Twist has officially inked his contract with Universal/Young Money, with a rumored 1.3 million dollar signing bonus. Twist's debut album is set for release late this summer. His official single "Love Affair" is gaining lots of attention from the fans and he is shooting a video for that in the upcoming week. (New Lil Wayne)

Cash Money Records' Jay Sean has revealed that label founders Baby and Slim visit their incarcerated artist, Lil Wayne, on a weekly basis.

Sean also revealed what he sees as Wayne's biggest struggle behind bars.

"They go and see him once a week," Jay revealed in an interview. "Either Baby will go in one week and Slim will go the other week. His boys will go and see him. [Wayne is] good. He's doing well. I think the hardest thing for Wayne right now is not being in the studio. That's it. That's probably the only thing; he's probably dying to spit. Think about it. The guy was making a new song every day, every hour. He's gonna come out and do 100 albums...Hopefully he's not getting into any trouble. They say he's getting better and better. He's more positive. He can't wait to come out." (MTV)
Rap mogul Diddy reportedly stopped by to see Wayne in late April.

Rap mega-star Lil Wayne - locked up on a gun conviction - brought in at least one more bold-faced name this week: Diddy. The music mogul stopped by the Eric M. Taylor correctional facility to visit Lil Wayne on Wednesday. Diddy, born Sean Combs, even swapped his luxury wheels for the public bus like all the other visitors Wednesday. Diddy was on a pre-approved list to see Lil Wayne, whose real name is Dwayne Carter Jr., and the chat was limited to an hour, sources said. (New York Daily News)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Delonte West smashin lebron flocka James mom?

So, I have been waiting for some time now to wait for the denial of the rumor of the weekend. Yes, the rumor that Delonte West and Lebron’s mother have a thing going on. But, the weekend came and left and there was no statement, no denial and no comment. And then I got additional “information” from one of my sources. Dude said this IS TRUE. And, people in those circles have known it for some time. They simply didn’t include LeBron in on it so it wouldn’t upset him. Some people are saying this, even though we don’t know for certain. Sheeeesh…where is the statement…lets end this fiasco! If Gloria James messed around with Delonte West, Cleveland could be the biggest loser.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Boondocks Season 3 Episdoe 3
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHY WAS I NOT INVITED TO THIS PARADE???
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

More Kat Stacks bullshit with her momma
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


Behind the scenes of Gucci Mane's New video for everybody lookin with Cubana Lust as the video girl... thats whats up
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr. Dre- Flashy
Leak From Detox???
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remember my Yelawolf post and about how its stupid how Eminem has to co-sign every white rapper???? well here ya go.

Grammy-winning rapper Eminem has reportedly co-signed newly signed Interscope Records artist, Yelawolf.

According to producer Jim Jonsin, he played Em a few Yela music videos which impressed the Shady Records CEO.
"I'm really excited about Yelawolf, he just signed to Interscope and I actually played a video for Eminem of Yelawolf, 'Pop The Trunk,' and he really liked it," Jonsin revealed in an interview. "It was really cool because I've been a fan of him for a long time, he's like a little brother, I really have love for that dude. And seeing him come through, struggle and all, I played him the video -- he watched the whole video and was really impressed and I told Yela about it and he was like, 'Get the f*ck out of here!' and I was like, 'No, no, he watched the video and loved it.' It's cool that he signed to Interscope because Em's on Interscope...I played him the video and played him [another] video after and he was like, 'Wow, that's the sh*t.' He really liked it, he was honest with his opinion on it and I like that...he was like, 'Yo, this dude's serious.'" (Rap-Up TV)
Recently, D12's Bizarre denied speculation that Yela was trying to copy Em's style.
"Let me tell you something about Yelawolf," Biz said in an interview. "He is not Eminem and he's not trying to be like Eminem. He is a country dude from a hick town in Alabama and he is himself. His music is who he really is and he's totally different than Eminem. He is real dope though, and the lane he got nobody else has that right now or ever." (Baller Status)
Last month, Biz spoke about developing a relationship with Yela.
"Yelawolf, I had heard the song with him and Raekwon, and I heard the song with him and Juelz [Santana], so I liked his vibe," Bizarre explained in an interview. "One day he came by the studio in Atlanta and we ended up just hookin' up, and just doin' a song. What I love about Yelawolf is that no matter who he gets on a song with, he represents the redneck, country, backwoods of Alabama. [Laughs] He's just giving his point-of-view, on a lot of stuff that I didn't really know about the country lifestyle that he informed me on - and I kinda put him up on Detroit. That's what the song is all about, it's called 'To The Left.'" (Hip Hop DX)
Yela recently talked about being signed to Interscope and the inevitable Eminem comparison.
"I've probably been through every label in the past couple of years," laughs Yelawolf. "I don't think we missed any. But after SXSW, it just got really heated, you know? Prior to that we had taken a few meetings, but we decided to just hold out and go knock it out there, see where it took us...I think it's completely fair, especially now that I'm at Interscope [to be compared to Em.] There's only been one internationally successful white rapper, so it's human nature. Obviously I don't know him as a person yet, but based on his lyrics and the music that he's put out, there's definitely a common ground of troubles. I'm absolutely up for it. I would love to work with Em. I'm a fan, so I'm definitely going to pitch it. I gotta take advantage of where I'm at." (Billboard)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Info on Kanye West' New Album: Good Ass Job

Grammy-winning rapper Kanye West's Good A** Job album is reportedly going to miss its planned release next month and come out in September.

According to reports, the new date was revealed at a Def Jam event over the weekend.
Our faithful HHU source attended the Island Def Jam Grammy U. event yesterday in Santa Monica and he learned a few things. First and foremost, it was said that Kanye West's album is currently slated to drop SOME TIME in September. No more specifics were given, but it obviously isn't gonna drop in June as previously stated. Aside from that, Jay-Z's greatest hits package will be released on June 29th with a brand new track from Jay-Z and Rihanna. Ne-Yo's album is TBR in September. And last, rapper Y.G. will be a focus of Def Jam in the near future. (The Hip Hop Update)
Recent reports suggested the album would come out sometime next month.
Kanye West is ensconced in his Diamond Head, Hawaii home and recording studio, putting the final touches on his forthcoming album with guest rappers like Q-Tip, RZA and Pete Rock, numerous reports have confirmed. A source close to the project -- which is tentatively titled "Good A** Job" according to G.O.O.D. Music artist Big Sean -- says it will be released in June. (Billboard)
Chicago rapper Common recently shared his feelings on Ye's upcoming project.
"I been around Kanye for what he's been working on but I haven't worked on it. He can produce, write, he does it all so he doesn't need much help. I like when we're around each other creating because I think we inspire each other. Kanye is definitely going to come with something powerful." (VIBE)
DJ Premier talked about the sound of Ye's upcoming album in a recent interview.
"Well, first of all, if you look at all of Kanye West's output, he actually did a lot to bring back sampling and make it cool again, even though he's more of a mainstream artist" Premier explained. "But his new album is strictly hard beats and rhyme. He's totally done with electro. You're gonna be surprised what you hear." (Amajanese)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Foxy Brown Vs. Nicki Minaj
I don’t know all the details, but it looks like Foxy Brown is going to be the next one to diss Nicki Minaj. I mean, I have rock solid intel to the point where we could get the song in the next 24 hours. Now, my question is “Why?” Foxy was just on Monique very emotional so I am wondering what’s got her hot about Nicki. We’ll have to wait and see, I guess..or not!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Album for Nelly?? Jay Electronica touring with G Unit???

Two years after his last album Brass Knuckles hit shelves, St. Louis rapper Nelly is looking to make a return to rap with his sixth studio release 5.0.

While a tentative release date has not been set, Nelly has already grabbed a handful of star-studded figures to contribute to his latest project, including Usher, Jamie Foxx, Diddy and Akon. Hoping to recapture the success of their 2002 Billboard chart-topping single “Dilemma,” Nelly has also worked with Kelly Rowland for the sequel record respectively titled “Dilemma 2.” Excited about their recent collaboration, Nelly stated, “I've reconnected with Kelly Rowland again which was fun. She's like my little sister.”

Nelly’s 5.0 will be released through Derrty Entertainment/Universal Records.

In other news, rapper Jay Electronica says he’ll be joining forces with 50 Cent on “The Invitation Tour.”

In an interview with Vibe.com, Jay Electronica stated, “I'm touring with G-Unit at the end of the month. I think 50's gonna be down but right now I don't even know the dates.”

“The Invitation Tour” will begin on May 28 at the Wolstein Center in Cleveland, Ohio.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 25th DJ Drama and T.I.'s Fuck a Mixtape drops... I dont like T.I., but i know most of yall do.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lil Wayne- Rikers Island Redemption Mixtape

download:
http://hotfile.com/dl/42451636/c0180f4/Lil_Wayne-the_Rikers_Island_Redemption_DJ_Noodles_and_the_Empire-2010-DjLeak.rar.html


VA – the Rikers Island Redemption (2010)
Genre: HipHop | 20 Tracks | 2010 | MP3 | 192kbps | 94 MB

T – R – A – C – K – L – I – S – T
01 -Lil Wayne-I Am Him [03:00]
02 -Lil Wayne Ft. Birdman-In My Palm [02:47]
03 -Lil Wayne-Spit Game [03:27]
04 -Lil Wayne Ft. Young Jeezy, Javon [03:30]
Black-Roger that
05 -Lil Wayne Ft. Drake, 2 Pistols-No [04:06]
Problems
06 -Lil Wayne Ft. Drake-Still Fly [01:43]
07 -Lil Wayne Ft. Drake & Javon Black-Run [05:38]
this Town
08 -Drake-Don’t Be Scared [03:48]
09 -Lil Wayne & Drake-T.O./N.O. [03:57]
10 -Drake Ft. Ugk-Toe Up [03:38]
11 -Lil Wayne Ft. Drake, Gucci Mane-Push Cash [03:15]
12 -Lil Wayne Ft. Trey Songz, Swizz [02:21]
Beats-Hard
13 -Lil Wayne-Take the Money [02:52]
14 -Lil Wayne Ft. Juelz Santana-Oh My God [03:00]
15 -Lil Wayne Ft. Nicki Minaj-Freak [03:10]
16 -Lil Wayne-Brooklyn [02:00]
17 -Drake-What You Want [02:20]
18 -Lil Wayne Ft. Drake, Jay-Z, Trey [04:42]
Songz-Dead Presidents
19 -Lil Wayne Ft. Akon-Gun in Hand [03:27]
20 -Lil Wayne-Out the Window [02:57]
----------------------------------------------------------
In other news, Lil Jon will be releasing Crunk Rock in June and he also has much more in store. In a recent interview with Daily Finance, the producer spoke on why it's so important to diversify one's portfolio.

"I want to have something to fall back on, so that's a reason you create these different business ventures," he said. "I don't want to rap forever." The producer said that his personal portfolio is worth $11 million.

Part of this includes his work with Crunk!!! Energy Drink, Little Jonathan wine and Oakley sunglasses.
----------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE AS OF 3:00 PM est!
DSC_0158

VIOLENCE ERRUPTS AT GUCCI MANE VIDEO SHOOT!!



Gucci Mane is more than halfway through shooting 7 videos in 7 days after his release from jail. On the set of his 4th video called "Anti Social", 2 men were spotted breaking into cars on the set. It's not known who took justice into their own hands but for future reference, you should make a mental note not to break into any cars at a Gucci Mane video shoot.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
TRINA'S KING MAGAZINE PICS



KING: Finish this sentence: Trina is currently…?
Trina: Happily in love.

With a man or her career? Enough with the vague answers.
[Laughs] Wow, what a question. I’m happily in love with my man, but I love my career.

Would that man happen to be Denver Nuggets forward Kenyon Martin, as rumored?
Rumors, I don’t like rumors. Who wants to know that? Is that what you want to know?

Somebody has to keep some form of journalistic integrity in this publication, woman. Out with it.
Good girls should not kiss and tell…they just kiss [laughs].

Is that some Miami slogan people are unaware of?
And they kiss on the neck.

You’re making this too easy. Is that huge tattoo of red lips on Martin’s neck yours?
[Laughs] I’m just laughing….

Sometimes laughter is an admittance of guilt.
I didn’t say anything. My lips are sealed.

On somebody’s neck, yes.
Those are some very nice lips that he has, huh? [Laughs]

We’re talking about the tattoo, right?
Listen, I’m very happy, I’m in love. With all this info already out there, you already know all the answers to it. And I have nice lips.

Point taken, but it’s better if it comes from the horse’s lips, er, mouth.
And sometimes I wear red lipstick….

Well, you did rhyme on Ludacris’s “My Chick Bad” remix that you have “hips of a goddess / Watch how I throw ’em / So good it make ’em wanna tattoo my lips on ’em.” So that settles that.
[Laughs] I don’t know, maybe that’s the story. Maybe it all goes together.
------------------------------------------------------

Granted $200k Property Bond

shawty_cover

Shawty Redd

The man who was responsible for creating the sounds that catapulted the career of Young Jeezy to giving rap legend Snoop Dogg his first Grammy nomination will likely beat the murder rap he was charged with on New Year’s Day if a Henry Country jury believes he was acting in self defense at his home back in January.

DSC_0022

Shawty Redd Arrives at Arraignment Hearing

Updated: The loss of any family member is a very painful thing but to what extremes do we vent our anger against the accused. Well apparently someone issued a death threat to Shawty Redd over at VladTV.com’s comments section claiming to be the son of Damon Martin, the man allegedly killed by Demetrious Stewart.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and thats the news today... We love you wheel chair jimmy aka Aubrey drake lol


No comments:

Post a Comment