Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I wanted to highlight this. someone posted this about our Dead Prez post... thought it was deep.

anonymous said this:
I think Dead Prez is about as racist as the Black Panthers and Malcolm X. The Black Panther movement and leaders like Malcolm X existed because they were telling the truth, they were saying what they saw, and lived and felt. I like Dead Prez because they make good music, and they make real music about real topics. It’s easy for white people to be offended; the culture is obsessed with niceties. I mean the whole “cracker” thing is all about semantics. I don’t think they are referring toward all people with light skin, I think they are talking specifically about the people whos lives are colored by control and greed and who work to keep the world in the state it is in today. I mean do you ever stop to consider racism? What really happened during slavery? I mean there were some laws that were slowly passed and things are different than they once were but it’s like the “niceties.” It’s like something that was swept under the rug or put in the attic in one of those convenient, color coded, plastic organizational boxes. So much inequality still exists every single day in the front of everyone’s eyes, but nobody talks about it. It’s literally crazy. So when someone comes along and starts speaking the truth, they disrupt the illusion and this makes the hallucinogenic masses angry, or offended. They try to flip the script and make it look like the person speaking sincerely is the crazy one (FOX has an infuriating talent for this). I mean black history and black culture, it’s all boiled down to some bad shit happened during slavery that we don’t really talk about and…don’t use the “n” word. I think if your history, culture, sisters, brothers, and mothers were so devalued and oppressed, mentally and physically, you might be inclined to write some lyrics exposing the bullshit… and we do need a revolution. I’ll add my own little side note though, the only way a real revolution, where humanity values humanity, will be born is when we stop alienating each other and listen.


No comments:

Post a Comment