Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Nobody's Daily Hip Hop Drop!



Drake comments on his comments on dj drama

Rapper Drake has come forward to clarify comments he made to XXL magazine in a recent interview surrounding DJ Drama and his Gangsta Grillz franchise of mixtapes.

XXL recently published outtakes from an interview conducted with Drake, who is featured on the cover of the May issue of the magazine.

When asked if he would be doing a Gangsta Grillz mixtape, Drake responded by saying “I just find that boring, you know…People might want to hear it, but it's just not something that I really want to give you. I'd rather just give you something that lasts a little longer than that 'cause those mixtapes never really last much longer than six months.”

Drake reached out to AllHipHop.com today (May 10th) to explain the comments and his positioning when it comes to releasing a mixtape filled with freestyles over other people’s tracks.

“In no way did I intend to discredit the Gangsta Grillz brand,” Drake told AllHipHop.com. “I have listened to many of Drama’s mixtapes and will continue to do so for years to come.”

The Toronto bred rapper, who is currently taking a two-day break from touring before resuming his schedule on Wednesday, recently co-hosted BMI’s 13th Annual Unsigned Urban Showcase with DJ Drama.

While he dismissed any notions of any possible beef between himself and DJ Drama, Drake stood by his preference for original beats and his opinion that mixtapes are not the best route for his raps.

“I do prefer to listen to original content over freestyles because I like to hear how different artists put together an entire song from lyrics to hooks to beat selection” Drake told AllHipHop.com. “I just personally don’t feel I could carry an entire mixtape on other people’s beats and that was the only point I was attempting to get across.”

According to sources, Drake’s new album Thank Me Later is scheduled to land in stores on June 15th.

In related news, Drake will premiere an unedited version of the music video for his single "Find Your Love" on his Octobers Very Own blog on May 11th at midnight.

The video, which was directed by Anthony Mandler, was filmed in Kingston, Jamaica and features dancehall artist Movado.

Drake’s next scheduled show is May 12th at The Warfield in San Francisco.

frenchie ft. waka flocka flame- so tired


Some details emerge on the 2010 hip hop honors... which of course will be honoring THE SOUTH!
Bun B, Lil Jon and T-Pain were among the performers announced today for the 2010 VH1 Hip-Hop Honors celebration. The show, now in its seventh year, will be paying tribute to the South’s contributions to rap music this go-round—the first time the show has honored an entire region.
It will be hosted by comedian Craig Robinson (The Office, Hot Tub Time Machine) and will also feature performances by Paul Wall, Pitbull and Trina. As previously reported, VH1 will be acknowledging such southern pioneers as Jermaine Dupri, J Prince of Rap-A-Lot Records, Master P, Organized Noize, Luther “Luke” Campbell and 2 Live Crew. The event will be taped at New York’s Hammerstein Ballroom and is set to air on Monday, June 7 at 9 p.m. EST.


Luke is a little pissed about the honors


"They want to honor Master P for his business savvy and they want to honor Jermaine Dupri for his business savvy and I'm kind of offended by that. We have basically been talking it out, but it's just so sad that people just don't know my history. They try to link me with a group and not see me as a businessman. Luke Records was the first independent black owned record company owned by a rapper. We were the first to distribute our own product. There's just so many first...For an organization like VH1 to try to say I'm just the first person to go to the Supreme Court over music censorship and be a part of the 2 Live Crew...I told them the other day, 'Just go f*ck yourself.' We were even the first to have a street team.”


Waka Flocka Flames momma blast off about gucci mane and nicki minaj firing her.




DIDDY IS CREATING A NEW SUPER GROUP!


Diddy is looking to take over the game again. It would seem and rumors are suggesting that Diddy is creating a mega group. We know about Rick Ross and Nicki Minaj. But, we can throw Jay Electronica in the mix. Wait, there is more. Red Cafe, Fabolous, Aasim and there are more people coming down the line. Hell, I heard that Diddy is even working with the BOMB SQUAD, the dudes that created the music for Public Enemy. Now, I can see why Diddy isn't so excited about the Lox now. Dayum!


Chopper of Da Band is looking to release the sex tape of him and Kat Stacks. Spare us!!!!

New rumors of Alicia Keys being preggers are emerging. What yall think???
Click the image to open in full size.

Mike Tyson is broke again. He recently said, "I'm totally destitute and broke. But I have an awesome life, I have an awesome wife who cares about me." I don't know the source.

Mr. Hudson deaded a show in the UK, because Jay-Z called him to be on Saturday Night Live.

The Game has reportedly said that he's no longer going to diss anybody else, but he didn't rule out Jay. One one song, he raps: “Will I ever go at Nas? Hell nah! / Will I ever go at Jay-Z? I don’t know”


Remy Ma and Papoose are able to get bizzy in jail every six weeks! She said in a recent in jail interview that they are allowed to hook up, but a snitch security guard lied on her. Shout out to Papoose! Dude is a loyal S.O.B. WORD!!!!

Anybody heard of the Diddy, Nicki Minaj, Rick Ross TOUR? That’s the word!

Kendra Wilkinson, who was Hugh’s but is now married, has a sex tape on the way where she’s having sex with multiple people. Happy belated mothers day.

Drake and Jeezy are both coming out on June 15. Weird.
Drake comments on Thank you letter:

"It'll probably end up being about 15. But it's just, you know, I love doing R&B music, I really do. And I just always feel like to tie in hip-hop with R&B and to utilize R&B to glue it all together, that's my trademark. That's something that only I can do. And that's why I will continue to do it. There might come a time where I might be like, "Yo, I just want to do an R&B mixtape, or I just want to do a whole [R&B] album," but I don't think so, man. I think that that is the makeup of me--melody and just the tone of my voice and all; I don't think I could ever change that, so..."

"I look for love in the wrong people," he said in an interview. "It just always seem like the women I find are poison for me. I love women that can just walk into a room and stop the whole area. And I think that those initial qualities always end up getting me hurt, which is a crazy thing for a guy to say...'Find Your Love' is an extremely vulnerable song. And it's actually a huge risk. It almost feels like the song should be performed by a woman. I'm just hoping that men really hear the song and they're honest with themselves. I know a lot of men feel that way."

The mechanical beats of the track, including thumping drums and "hey hey hey" refrains will almost immediately call to mind West's Grammy-snubbed masterpiece 808's and Heartbreak, but don't be so quick to write "Find Your Love" off as a copycat or reject, as Drake has left no stone unturned to make you forget all these similarities. Kanye West, a famous music director with whom Drake has been working from the very beginning of his musical career, had made this song exceptionally well. Actually as far as I think, he had made this song in such a way that the song will surely remind you all those cherish moments that you might have spent with your loved ones

"I think a lot of things that's messed up is if you come out with a record, brand new, and it blows up too big, that could be the worst thing that ever happens to you," Nas explained in an interview. "I think there's a lot of new cats coming out that's not just blowing up but they're taking their time. Like, we're waiting on the Drake first album, Drake's album still hasn't dropped. It should be dropping any day now but that's a great thing that it probably didn't come out last year. He waited, he got into a zone, I think that was smart. So it's a lot going on that I'm happy about."


No comments:

Post a Comment